This is a day trip trek to Kirirom National Park, where you’ll encounter experience with natural views, beautiful waterfall, and beautiful stunning views at the east of Cardamom Mountain. The local ecotourism site was initiated by local NGO which benefit for local farmers as well as create more job, more income and mostly changed their tradition job by cutting trees and bamboo to protect it for sustainable development. Kirirom National Park is connected with this community, it’s a high altitude plateau as known for its unique high elevation pine forest, which forms the headwaters for numerous streams feeding Kampong Speu Town. This park is also the home to many endangered species of animals such as Pleated gibbon, sun bear and tiger. With its lush and elevated location, the Kirirom National Park has a real escapism feel to it, with the stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountains. This is a moderate to challenging activity where you need to climb and downhill by foots and delicious packed lunch in the jungle. Our vehicle supported is waiting to take us back to Phnom Penh the hilltop of Kirirom National Park where the finished point of our enjoyable trekking adventure day.
- Experience with local ecotourism site where you’ll see the real life and real culture of local people in the countryside
- Hike in a beautiful environment – waterfall, bat cave, pine forest where you’ll encounter experience with the nature, and stunning views across to the Cardamom Mountain
Enjoy a packed lunch in the jungle where you’ll experience like local people or rangers.
Tour at a glance:
- Full day trekking tour
- Depart daily at 5:30 am
- Max distance 15 km (9 miles)
- Max altitude – 675 meters (2,215ft)
- Activity level: Moderate to Challenging
- Join & end in Phnom Penh with vehicle supported
- Minimum age: 9 years old
- Min group size: 2
- Max group size 12
- Photographic opportunity: Good
What to bring:
Not much to bring as our trips are all inclusive. We do suggest you to bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. Here is some of the items that you can on it:
- Wear comfort clothing, hiking Shoes, sunglasses and sun cream with SPF+
- Mosquito repellent
- Camera or smart phone for taking some photo during the trip and make sure their battery are enough
- Please prepare your own breakfast and some snacks for your personal use.
- Refill water bottle to reduce plastic waste where in the Cambodian countryside, recycling facilities for plastic are nonexistent, and people burn their waste. It will releases toxic gases such as carbon monoxide, dioxins and fur ans which can cause cancer, impotence, asthma and a myriad of other allergies.
Day 1: Hiking to Kirirom National Park & drive back to Phnom Penh optional with Sihanouk Vile
- Distance 15 KM (9 miles)
- Meals: packed lunch were served by local community based ecotourism site (The vegetarian is also available during this trip)